Looking to stretch your home improvement budget? There's no better place to get ideas, inspiration, and a little DIY know-how than the OKC Home + Outdoor Living Show
. Check out our list of the top four things to do and see at the show to help you become a DIY darling.
1. Stop by the U Build It and Be Your Own Builder booths to get information about doing your own construction or renovation on your home or office.
2. Learn how to reduce and re-use when it comes to water consumption. SqueezeEveryDrop.com will share ways to use less water outdoors and in with drought-tolerant landscape materials, proper irrigation, and leak solutions. Register to win a rain barrel and other cool irrigation tools.
3. Make your home safer. Did you know most accidents in the home are due to slips and falls? Rebuilding Together OKC will share information on increasing safety within the home by implementing a few simple fixes.
4. Catch these DIY presentations at the show:
- "Design Tips to Flip For" and "Undercover DIY: Secrets to Becoming a Do-It-Yourself Guru" are fun, interactive presentation by John and Whitney Spinks of HGTV's Flipping The Block fame.
- "What to Plant When" by Josh Kilmer-Purcell and Dr. Brent Ridge, stars of the Cooking Channel's The Fabulous Beekman Boys, will inspire you to grow more of what you eat.
- "Container Gardening - Anyone Can Do It" by Julia Laughlin, former Oklahoma State University Horticulture Professor is ready to help folks discover this innovative gardening style.
- "DIY Home and Office Building Projects" by Bob Braudrick of U Build It will give attendees insight into a variety of DIY projects, from small ones to 50,000 square feet.
The OKC Home + Outdoor Living Show
takes over the Oklahoma State Fair Park March 20-22, 2015. Don't have tickets yet? Stretch your home improvement budget even further with this exclusive offer: get 2-for-1 tickets on Facebook